Home > OUR HORIZON > School House System
School House System
The House System aims to:
- inculcate in students the school values through a structured approach
- provide a platform for students and staff to develop as leaders and mentors
- create a joyful learning environment for students and staff by
- fostering a greater sense of loyalty and pride in students and staff towards the school and the House they belong to
- building better teacher-student relationships and student-student friendships
- promoting team spirit and sense of identity
The House System of Horizon is built on the belief of creating a joyful learning environment for our students. Through students' participation in various activities, we create meaningful experiences for them so as to build a sense of belonging and a common identity. The House System is named according to the school's values: Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence (R.I.C.E). Every student finds identity with a House which they will stay committed to till graduation.
Every department plans programmes and activities that allow students to participate and earn points for their respective Houses. Opportunities for students' House participation is planned according to 5 domains:
(4) Social, and
Through collaboration and interaction with fellow students, fueled by a spirit of excellence, students contribute to earning points for their respective Houses through a host of programmes and activities. While each House works towards the title of a House champion, the spirit behind the students' synergy is to establish a sense of belonging to Horizon.
MEANINGFUL EXPERIENCES FOR ALL